Sustainable Scarsdale is a committee of the Scarsdale Forum Inc. (formerly the Town and Village Civic Club Education Forum Inc.) The term “Sustainable Scarsdale”, “us”, “we” or “our” refers to the Scarsdale Forum Inc., with an office at PO Box 86, Scarsdale, New York 10583. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this Web site.
- Content. The content on this site is for general information only. We reserve the right to alter or delete materials from this Web site at any time, and to make other changes without notice. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information, products, services or materials available on or through this Web site meet your specific requirements. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly disclaim liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the extent this Web site includes information provided by third parties, we have not independently verified the accuracy of this information or the third party’s right to post the information. You agree that access to and use of this Web site and the content thereof is at your own risk.
- Third Party Web sites and Links. This Web site may contain links or references to other Web sites maintained by third parties, over whom we have no control. Such links are provided merely as a convenience, and often solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to users of this Web site. Inclusion of any third party link does not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of any nature whatsoever. Similarly, this Web site may be accessed from third party links over which we have no control. We have no responsibility for the content of or the practices employed by, Web sites linked to or from our Web site, nor the information or content contained therein.
- Your Content. This Web site allows you to submit content in the form of ideas and comments. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours. However, by posting, uploading, transmitting, sending or otherwise making available content or engaging in any other form of communication with us (on or through this Web Site or otherwise) you irrevocably grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide right and license to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, incorporate into other works, move, remove, delete, erase, store, cache, aggregate, publish, post, display, distribute, broadcast, perform, transmit, rent, sell, share, sublicense, syndicate, or otherwise provide to others, use and exploit or change all such content and communications in any medium (now in existence or hereinafter developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so. Among other things, this means that we may use any ideas, comments, suggestions, developments, and/or inventions that you post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available in any manner as we see fit without any compensation or attribution to you.
- Certain Content. Please be aware that any content you disclose in publicly accessible portions of this Web site may be available to other users, so you should be mindful of personally identifiable information and sensitive content you may wish to post. We do not undertake or assume any duty to monitor our site for inappropriate or unlawful content, and assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation.
We may review or monitor content, including any content submitted by you or others, to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies. But that does not necessarily mean that we will review or monitor content, so please don’t assume that we do. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we have the right, but not the obligation, to block or remove communications, postings or materials at any time that we deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content on this Web site.
- Your Age. You certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any content to us. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13 years of age, you may submit content only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these rules for the benefit of an individual between the ages of 13 and 18, please be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her submissions and any legal liability that he or she may incur.
- Reproduction. This Web site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the appropriate copyright notice. Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit or in any way exploit any part of our site or any content thereon, except as permitted under the last sentence of this Section 8 and except that you may make one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing (but subject to the last sentence of this Section 8), you may not distribute any part of this Web site or any content thereon over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, or sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. However, just as we from time to time excerpt materials from other sources in order to support the various commentaries and writings contained herein, we respect the right of others to make “fair use” of the materials contained on this Website; accordingly, you may from time to time excerpt and use materials set forth on this Web site consistent with the principles of “fair use”.